Sub-Award Grant Information
Sub-Award Grants for 2016
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2016 Sub-Award Grants. These $9000 grants are available to all NCA Accredited NYSCA members. Please note that there have been changes to this year’s Sub-Award RFP and Sub-Award grant forms. Please download and review the 2016 Sub-Award RFP (below).
All applications for the 2016 Sub-Award Grant must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com no later than Friday, June 24th, 2016. Late applications cannot be accepted. Please see below for important information on grant reports.
In order to receive approval, the applicant must reference and plan to report on ONE or TWO maximum of the NCA’s National Standards for Accreditation listed below:
Victim Support and Advocacy
To submit your application, please complete the following documents:
Please compete the 2015 Sub-Award Application Cover Page (below). Please note that this form now requires a signature, so it must be printed, signed and scanned. Digital or typed in signatures are not acceptable.
A program narrative must be submitted with the following formatting: double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 size font, with a one-inch margin on all sides, not to exceed 3 pages in length. The narrative must include the information outlined in the evaluation criteria. Please be sure to address all of the sections within the identified page limitations. Please name your file “City, Organization name, Program Narrative”. Please refer to the RFP for more details.
A detailed budget narrative must be submitted using the following form: 2016 Sub-Award Budget Form (below). If you are including personnel costs, please indicate the salary for the position. If it is an hourly rate, please provide a breakdown of the number of hours expected. The percentage of hours funded by NCA and a breakdown of hours not covered by NCA must be included. If you are including travel expenses, please provide a breakdown of estimated costs, including the federal rate for lodging set by GSA.
A signed Sub-Award Cooperative Agreement must also be submitted (below). Please note that digital or typed signatures are not acceptable for this form. Please add your center’s Award ID Number to this form, if you don’t know the number please look at the attached list.
If you are including salary and fringe in your application, you must also submit a resume and job description. If you apply for salary or fringe, please be aware that you will need to submit time sheets in your grant reports. The timesheet will need to correspond to the percentage presented in the grant application with a general description each month of what grant activities were included within the salary paid. The salary must apply to one or two of the required five standards to qualify. If fringe benefits are requested to be reimbursed, such benefits must be allocated in the same manner as the salaries that are allocated to the grant.
If you are including rent in your application, you must also submit a copy of your lease and include percentage and dollar amount for the portion of the rent that is requested to be reimbursed under this award. This calculation needs to be based on the square footage of the program service areas under the chosen standard. The calculation needs to be clearly identified in the budget narrative.
Things to Keep in Mind:
Pay close attention to the allowable and unallowable costs listed on the last two pages of the RFP.
This year you must submit audit information either findings or certify that there were no findings in your last audit. There is no need to submit entire audit.
All travel expenses must be kept within the federal per diem rates set by GSA! A hotel rate exceeding the maximum GSA rate, even by $1, will make the entire expense unallowable.All airfare/train/bus travel must be in coach class in order to be allowable. Please be sure to check the GSA rates on this website: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/104711 and note that rates can and do change throughout the year. Checked baggage fees are allowable. Trip insurance is not allowable.
Registration fees to attend a training fall under the “other” category. All travel expenses for attending a training, including hotel/lodging expenses, fall under the “travel” category.
Note that the maximum rate for consultants/contractors is now $650/per day and/or $81.25 per hour. Trainers can be paid for 1 day of preparation per full day of training, but this must be indicated on the invoice. A half day of preparation is allowed for a half day of training. Consultants/contractors include anyone providing a training, or anyone providing a service, who is not a member of your staff, that charges an hourly rate or daily rate. If a flat fee for service is charged, the expense should go under the “other” category.
Food or drinks cannot be purchased with grant funds. This includes snacks and drinks for children awaiting services at the Child Advocacy Center. All food and drinks are unallowable.
The purchase of any furniture or decor for the Child Advocacy Center is unallowable, even if it is being used to create a child-friendly setting. You are not able to purchase toys for use in the waiting area of the CAC with these grant funds. However, toys and supplies specifically used for forensic interviews or therapy sessions may be purchased.
An item will only fall under the “equipment” category if it costs more than $5000. If your purchasing an item that costs less than $5000, that would fall under the “supplies” category.
This grant runs for the calendar year of 2016. All expenses included must be incurred and paid between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
First and Second Period Reports
Please note that the reports for the first half of the year are due on Monday August 15th, 2016 and reports for the second half of the year are due on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.
Early reports are much appreciated! Late reports cannot be accepted. As always, you can find forms, deadlines and helpful hints for reporting on NYSCA’s website:
- The fiscal report must be submitted as an excel spreadsheet. Before submitting the sub-awardee fiscal report form to the chapter please open the “Signature Page Report 1” tab at the bottom of the 2016 Sub-awardee Fiscal Report Form. There you will find a signature page which needs to printed, signed and added to your fiscal documentation. Even if a sub-awardee is not requesting any funds in the first reporting period the report form and signature page are still required. the person signing off on this form must be the same as the person who signed the Sub-awardee Agreement. Fiscal reports should be named as “[your award number] 1st Period Fiscal Report” (Ex. “1-AUBU-NY-SA16 1st Period Fiscal Report” or “2-BATA-NY-SA16 1st Period Fiscal Report”).
- If you are not claiming any expenses in the first report period, you must still submit a fiscal report form, entering “$0.00″ as the amount in the “expenditures per category for report 1″ (column D) and entering text in the “itemized costs within each category” (column E) saying “all expenses will be claimed in report period 2″ (or something similar).
- All supporting documentation must be scanned into a single PDF file and must be in the order that it appears in your fiscal report. Having your report in order is greatly appreciated and reduces the amount of time needed to review reports. Supporting documentation should be named as “”[your award number] 1st Period Supporting Documentation”. (Ex. “1-AUBU-NY-SA16 1st Period Supporting Documentation” or “2-BATA-NY-SA16 1st Period Supporting Documentation”).
- All expenses must be incurred in calendar year 2016, between January 1st and December 31st. Proof of the expense and proof of payment must be submitted for all expenses included.
- Requirements for Fiscal Documentation have changed this year. Please read the attached documents closely.
If you have any questions about the application, please do not hesitate to contact Clare Robinson-Henrie at (516) 406-0225 or clare.robinson-henrie@nyschildrensalliance.
2016 Application Forms: