Sub-Award Grant Information
Sub-Award Grants for 2015
We are pleased to announce that all 2015 Sub-Award Grants applications have been accepted and approved. These $9000 grants are available to all NCA Accredited NYSCA members. Please note that there have been minor changes to this year’s Sub-Award RFP and Sub-Award grant forms. Please download and review the 2015 NYSCA Subawardee RFP.
First and Second Period Reports:
Please note that the reports for the first half of the year are due on Monday July 6, 2015 and reports for the second half of the year are due on Friday, January 8, 2016. Late reports cannot be accepted.
Please use the following form to complete your fiscal report: 2015 Sub-awardee Fiscal Report Form. For the 2nd period report, please use the Report Tab 2 in your approved first period report file. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need another copy of your approved first period report.
The fiscal report must be submitted as an excel spreadsheet. The signature on this form may be electronic (typed in) and the person signing off on this form must be the same as the person who signed the Subawardee Agreement. Fiscal reports should be named as “[your award number] 1st Period Fiscal Report” (Ex. “1-AUBU-NY-SA15 1st Period Fiscal Report” or “2-BATA-NY-SA15 1st Period Fiscal Report”).
If you are not claiming any expenses in the first report period, you must still submit a fiscal report form, entering “$0.00” as the amount in the “expenditures per category for report 1” (column D) and entering text in the “itemized costs within each category” (column E) saying “all expenses will be claimed in report period 2” (or something similar).
Along with your 2nd period report, please be sure to complete the Affidavit of Standards Compliance as well, which you can find here: Affidavit of Standard Compliance.
All supporting documentation must be scanned into a single PDF file and must be in the order that it appears in your fiscal report. Having your report in order is greatly appreciated and reduces the amount of time needed to review reports. Supporting documentation should be named as “[your award number] 2nd Period Supporting Documentation”. (Ex. “1-AUBU-NY-SA15 1st Period Supporting Documentaiton” or “2-BATA-NY-SA15 1st Period Supporting Documentation”). Acceptable supporting documentation examples
All expenses must be incurred in calendar year 2015, between January 1st and December 31st. Proof of the expense and proof of payment must be submitted for all expenses included.
A copy of the RFP can be found here for your reference: 2015 NYSCA Subawardee RFP
If there are any changes to the staff/Board members who sign off on the sub-award agreement at any time during the year, you must submit a change contact using this form: Grantee Change of Contact Form 2015
- Pay close attention to the allowable and unallowable costs listed on the last four pages of the RFP.
- All travel expenses must be kept within the federal per diem rates set by GSA! A hotel rate exceeding the GSA rate, even by $1, will make the entire expense unallowable. All airfare/train/bus travel must be in coach class in order to be allowable. Please be sure to check the GSA rates on this website: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/
category/100120 and note that rates can and do change throughout the year. Checked baggage fees are allowable. Trip insurance is not allowable.
- Registration fees to attend a training fall under the “other” category. All travel expenses for attending a training, including hotel/lodging expenses, fall under the “travel” category.
- Note that the maximum rate for consultants/contractors is $650/per day and/or $81.25 per hour. Trainers can be paid for 1 day of preparation per full day of training, but this must be indicated on the invoice. Consultants/contractors include anyone providing a training, or anyone providing a service, who is not a member of your staff, that charges an hourly rate or daily rate. If a flat fee for service is charged, the expense should go under the “other” category. For example, if your accountant charges $25/hour to do tax preparation, that expense would fall under the consultant/contractor category. However, if your accountant charges a flat fee of $4000 for an audit, not broken down into any time increments, that would fall under the “other” category.
- No food or drinks can be purchased with grant funds. This includes snacks and drinks for children awaiting services at the Child Advocacy Center.
- The purchase of any furniture or decor for the Child Advocacy Center is unallowable, even if it is being used to create a child-friendly setting. You are not able to purchase toys for use in the waiting area of the CAC. However, toys and supplies specifically used for forensic interviews or therapy sessions may be purchased.
- An item will only fall under the “equipment” category if it costs more than $5000. If your purchasing an item that costs less than $5000, that would fall under the “supplies” category.
- This grant runs for the calendar year of 2015. All expenses included must be incurred and paid between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
If you have any questions about the application, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Walker at (516) 406-0225 or email@example.com.
If you should have any questions, please contact Chapter Coordinator, Lisa Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (516) 406-0225. Thank you!